On 29th November, we hosted another CAT meeting at Toton Methodist Church. Unfortunately, turnout wasn’t as good as we’d hoped but it was a very productive and informative hour and a half. Below is a brief summary of what was discussed:
- Update from the local police team: PCSO Paula Hipkiss gave an overview of crime in the borough and the progress being made. She gave out contact cards and bag whistles. She asked residents to be extra vigilant during the festive period but more importantly stressed the importance of reporting incidents to the local police. It was mentioned that Inspector Riley has recruited an additional 40 police officers and has made the decision to realign beat managers with individual areas. Our beat manager is PC Barry Winter.
- Presentation about the Clean and Green Initiative: Paul Summers from Broxtowe Borough Council gave a detailed and thorough overview of our new initiative called the Clean and Green Initiative. This aims to maintain and improve the borough’s green infrastructure, reduce litter and fly-tipping and increase recycling in the borough. I would like to thank Friends of Toton Fields for their work organising bulb planting behind Greenwood Community Cente. I popped along and helped with litter picking and planting.
3. Update from the Forum: Graham Heal gave an update regarding the Forum’s activities.
4. Residents raised concern regarding school vehicle parking on Chetwynd Road. As I understand, this is a long-standing issue. We have emailed the head teacher asking for a meeting to discuss how the borough council, county council and parents can work together to improve the situation for residents. I cannot promise anything but we’ll work tirelessly to try and resolve this issue.
5. West Point Retail Centre: it was noted that we had achieved some key improvements to the site including getting Clowes (the landlords) to increase disabled access, create a new pedestrian route, and the installation of additional bins. We are also trying to get Royal Mail to install a post box at the site – we’ll keep you updated.
The meeting ended around 8.45 and I’d like to thank everyone who turned up. Stay tuned for our next one!